By visiting our website, using our website, or placing an order, you are accepting the terms described in this policy. We may modify or add to this policy on occasion, so we encourage you to review it periodically for updates.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you visit our site, use our search box, create an account, place an order, write a review, or subscribe to our newsletter.
- When you visit our site, we use Google Analytics to record visitor analytic information such as country, date/time of visit, pages visited, visitor status (new or returning), device (computer or mobile), operating system, browser, and IP address with approximate location of user. Through Google Analytics, the IP Anonymization feature is turned on for our visitors' confidentiality. That means the visitors complete IP address is not saved.
- When using the search box, your search query is recorded.
- When creating an account (if you so choose), you will be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- When ordering on our site, you will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information.
- When writing a review on our site, you will be asked to share your opinion with other customers.
- When subscribing to our newsletter, you will be asked for your name and email address.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Google Analytics - This information is only used on an internal basis to help us optimize and run our website.
- Search Box information - This information is used to process your search request so you can find the specific items you are looking for in a timely manner.
- Ordering on our site - We use your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and payment information to process, fulfill, and ship you the items you have ordered on our site.
- Writing a review - We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
- Newsletter Subscription - If you decide to opt-in to our newsletter (if we offer one), we use your first name to personalize your email and your email address to send you the newsletter which may contain news, updates, sales, or other product information. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions within each newsletter.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We do not receive any credit card information as it is processed through Stripe, Paypal, or Amazon Payments.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
This site was built using BigCommerce and cookies are implemented in every site built by BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish by checking your browser settings on each device - for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you prefer, you can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information EVER!
When processing an order, payment information is processed through Paypal, Stripe, or Amazon Payments. For Paypal, Stripe, or Amazon Payments to process your payment, they could receive any of the following information: Name, Address, Email Address, Phone Number, and Credit Card Number.
When shipping your order to you, we will need to release your Name and Address, and possibly your phone number and email address to the shipping company who will deliver your order to you. If an order is an international order, we will also need to disclose the contents and content value for customs purposes.
The only other way we may release your information is when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent unless compelled to by law.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their account information at anytime by request. We can be reached through our Contact Form or by telephone at 703-546-0941.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
You are entitled at any time to request information about your Personal Data that we store, and request us to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data or object to the processing of your Personal Data. Please note that we are required by law to document and maintain our ecommerce transactions for business purposes for 3 years. After 3 years, these business records are destroyed. That means we cannot delete your information within this 3 year time period. If you object to date processing of your information, we will have to cancel any outstanding orders placed by you as we will not be able to fulfill your order without processing your personal data. You have the right to data portability. You may also at any time withdraw consent given, with future effect.
This policy was last modified on 08-29-2019.
Little Ones Reading Resource
9435 Lorton Market St #749
Lorton, VA 22079